Corona Virus and Harvest Community Church Update
** Update: Saturday, March 14 **
Based upon further updates to the recommendations of the Florida Governor's office and Orlando Mayor's office, and in consultation with the medical professionals that are part of Harvest Community Church, we've decided to move worship gatherings online for Sunday, March 15th and 22nd.
What changed? While the message we shared yesterday about balancing faith over fear with wisdom remains our heart, we feel the preponderance of wisdom leads us to take this step. At this point, we believe this is the most loving thing to do for our volunteer teams, attenders, and community.
Please read the following (amended) message from Pastor Lee on what we're planning as a church.
The last 48 hours have been the craziest two days in my memory. Every media channel on the planet is screaming death is imminent. The state and federal governments are telling us that they are doing everything they can to stop something they have no real control over. Many Europeans are banned from visiting America. Even worse, what do we watch with no sports on television?
What does this mean for all of us? What about our church? Everyone that is watching knows the next few weeks and months will likely be unlike anything we have ever experienced.
How do we move forward?
- Care for yourself and your love ones.
- Stay calm in the midst of the fear and care for the vulnerable.
- Pray for our leaders, our president, our governors. Pray for our health care workers and first responders.
As a church what are we doing and going to do?
- It is foolish to ignore the wisdom of trained medical experts so we will continue to watch the CDC and listen to recommendations. For March 15th and 22nd we will be moving our in-person services online.
- We plan will continue to meet online Sundays, at 9:30 & 11 am for Harvest services and at 11 am for Harvest Español.
- The message will also be available online to view during the week.
- For parents: go HERE for resources for parents. We've made videos, craft ideas, and more for you to use as a family.
- Please be faithful to give! Churches, operate 100% off of the giving of their members and attenders. Harvest is no different. If you haven't automated your giving yet, we encourage you to go online HERE and do so.
Let’s be salt and light in a lost and dying world.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. -Philippians 4:6-7
Let's love each other well in this time! If you need anything, don't hesitate to reach out by email or text us at (407) 706-3955. We are here for you!
With love for you all,
Pastor Lee and the team at Harvest